Yesterday was General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (the Mormons), of which I am a member. I love Conference weekend. I always come away feeling so inspired and renewed. Of course, catching a nap between sessions yesterday may have helped my feeling of renewal. :)
I especially enjoyed Elder Holland's talk about coming unto Christ. He used one of my ver favorite scriptures from Matthew 11:28-30. "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls." (Quoting from memory, so please excuse if I didn't get it quite right). Having five kids to care for, I sure feel like I could use some rest sometimes, so I really like that one. :) Ok, really, I have always like it, but have always wondered exactly how to take His yoke upon me. I am grateful to Elder Holland for answering my question.
Laurie is just about crawling now. He scoots well the last couple of days and has taken a couple of crawling "steps." He'll be getting everywhere soon. Time to put up the baby gates! He can also go from his belly to sitting up now. I have been interested to see that he follows a lot of the boy development while Amy follows the girl stuff. I really don't think that babies this young are all that different due to gender--more due to personality, but Laurie is definitely more active and does the physical things earlier. Amy, on the other hand, has mastered the "ma" sound and the "ba" sound while Laurie only does vowels still.
Well, time to get this day going. As usual on a Monday, the house looks like a tornado hit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment