Sunday, April 09, 2006


I am going to get motivated for another week. Really I am. Ok, maybe tomorrow.

I think that this week I will be spent getting E caught up with F in math. I think that they will be able to move along together if I do that, which will make things simpler for me. Math was the first thing I wanted to get back to doing regularly after adjusting to having twins in the house. We have successfully achieved that, I think, so it's time to add a subject. Other things have been very hit and miss over the last few months. I do believe the girls are always learning lots of things, but I feel the need to get a couple of core subjects in more often. Next up: writing. Both could use some work on their handwriting, but I would also like to see them work on grammar and some creative writing skills. I just have to decide how I want to teach that. We did Shurley grammar one year because of a co-op we were in, but I didn't really love it and we're not in that co-op anymore, so I am free to look for a new plan. Ok, that sentence was a run-on, which makes me look like I wouldn't know correct grammar if it bit me on the nose. Really, I do know better.

This week though, I think all the kids seem like they need a little TLC, so I think that while I research approaches to grammar, we are going to have a reading fest. Every day we will all pile up on Mommy's bed or the couch or wherever is comfy and I will read aloud to them from some of my favorite books. It will also have the side effect of inspiring F to read something she usually wouldn't. ;)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

 

Live and Learn Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez