Tuesday, April 18, 2006


Today marked E's official 7th birthday. Since we had done most of our celebrating last weekend with her party, today was just for family stuff. I had convinced the kids that we should delay the Easter Bunny until today so that there would be something fun for E's birthday. (The kids DH teaches at church were pretty impressed that we had an in with the Easter Bunny and could get him to come on the day of our choice.) Anyway, we did that this morning. They got some fun clay stuff that they played with. We met DH for lunch at a pizza buffet. E didn't get to choose dinner cause the dinner I was supposed to make for a neighbor got put off till today, so I had it all planned out. E had dance, and while she was gone I helped F make a present for her. F is getting pretty good at doing some simple sewing projects and even finished up on her own while I went to pick E up.

Today is also the twins' 9 month birthday. They'll have their check up on Thursday, so I'm interested to see what they weigh. I think I may be out car seat shopping soon. They are so chubby. I love it that way though. I love never having to worry that my babies aren't growing fast enough. It is not uncommon for docs to worry about twins, even though they may stay small for several years. Anyway, I have no doubt that I and T have been gaining weight cause they're outgrowing clothes and they have huge fat rolls on their thighs.

Tomorrow is a calm day--finally. I plan to get some math done and have the girls start some newspaper articles for volume 2 of their newspaper. They did a good job with the last one. It turned out cute and the grandmas seemed to enjoy getting a copy. Also, F got some magnets in her Easter basket and has been learning about the poles and how they attract/repel. We want to look up exactly what makes a magnet work, so that may be on tomorrow's schedule. I need to get ready for Thursday's co-op where I will be teaching cooking. My kids are really excited about that. The first lesson is a very simple recipe just to teach measuring, so it shouldn't be too hard.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

 

Live and Learn Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez