Wednesday, April 05, 2006


Where do the days go? I'm sure it's no surprise at all that I have way more time to read things on the internet than time to type. Reading while nursing? Easy enough. Typing while nursing? Ack! Just don't love that one-handed, hunt and peck method at all.

OK, the Little Women thing is cute and all, but I am confusing myself with all these names, so I've decided that using a first initial for each kid will be less confusing and still preserve anonimity.

F finished her math book today! Other than that I was feeling pretty uninspired, so I was grateful when a friend sent an email asking for get well cards for an orphan girl from China. Get well cards=nice little art project. Learning some fun and interesting facts about China=geography. Great! Even better, they girls remembered some of the fun and interesting facts long enough to tell Daddy about them when he got home. We also discussed some of the social issues faced by people in other countries since F was interested to know why there are so many orphaned girls in China.

I seem to have a blank spot in my day where I can't remember what we did. I know I spent way too long on the phone with my sister-inlaw. Always nice to talk to a grown up. Oh, we put the babies in their tiny wading pool for a while. That was pretty cute. I has actually achieved crawling now, and can get into all kinds of things. I'm trying to train the girls to close doors--especially the bathroom. They still think it's really fun that he can get to them whenever he wants to now. Wonder when the novelty of that will wear off.

F and E did family home evening tonight (we do Wednesdays cause F has dance on Mondays). F came up with a comparison between a game she has called Topple and repentence. The game involves stacking little pieces on a wobbly board until someone makes everything topple off. She said that the pieces were like sins and having them fall off was like repenting. I was pretty impressed that she could make that connection.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

 

Live and Learn Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez