These are some pictures I took of Avonlea earlier in the spring of her in her totally beautiful baptism dress. As you can tell, I'm pretty proud of it. I think it may be the most beautiful thing I've made (although I'm pretty sure I thought that about Felicity and Elisabeth's baptism dresses, too.) Sometimes when I make something I'm proud of, I think that the house will burn down to destroy my creation, but with kids, there's no need of fire to provide destruction. One time when we had afternoon church, Elisabeth decided to pass the time between getting ready and actually leaving for church by riding her bicycle...in her white baptism dress...and it got caught in the chain...and there what weeping and wailing...and not all the tears were Elisabeth's. Fortunately, after a great deal of careful soaking and washing, the only remaining damage is a couple of snags on the skirt where it had caught on the bicycle chain. But Avonlea had better have learned from her sister's mistake. After all, what else are big sisters for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment