Monday, June 15, 2009

super quick and easy dinners


I'm back already for another blog post. I amaze myself sometimes.

So, a couple of family members have asked for some of my recipes that my family really loves that are easy, and I thought I'd put them here on my blog for everyone to enjoy. Also, I'm trying to force said family members to actually look at my blog. I'm all about ulterior motives.

Today's recipe: Pink Spaghetti

Ingredients:

2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can spaghetti sauce
1 jar alfredo sauce
1 1/2 packages angel hair pasta
3 T. butter (optional)
Romano or parmasan cheese (optional)

Put the chicken, spaghetti sauce and alfredo sauce in the crock pot on high for about 4-5 hours. I usually just put the chicken in frozen, but if I'm getting a late start (like 2:00 in the afternoon), I'll thaw the chicken in the microwave so that the whole thing needs less crock pot time. After the whole thing cooks for 4 hours or so, you should be able to shred the chicken with a fork, so go ahead and do that and make sure all the sauce is stirred up really well. Let that sit while you boil the pasta according to the package directions. We really like angel hair, but you can really use whatever pasta you prefer.

If desired, while the pasta is cooking, you can melt the butter (I just use the microwave) and toss the melted butter with the cooked and drained pasta. That just gives the pasta some flavor aside from the sauce. Also, grate some romano cheese to top everything with. The freshly grated cheese really makes an ordinary dinner into something extra good. If your kids are like mine, you can delegate the cheese grating to them, thus making this dinner even easier. :)

Not only does this serve my family of seven with leftovers for lunch the next day, everyone in the whole family actually likes this. Quick, easy and everyone likes it--that's not a combination I manage every day.

1 comments:

Lourie on 12:24 AM said...

Thank you for sharing this. I am definitely going to try it.

 

Live and Learn Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez