This is an adaptation of another recipe from my sister. How would I ever cook anything without my crock pot and my sister's recipes? My poor family would soon starve.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (yes, I do use a lot of these)
28 oz crushed tomatoes
2 8oz cans tom sauce
2 cloves garlic
4 C water
2 t chicken bouillon
2 T sugar
1 T chili powder
1t salt
1/2 t oregano
4 oz diced chiles
Throw all these ingredients in the crockpot and cook on high for about 4 hours. When the chicken is all cooked and tender, shred it up. Then prepare your toppings:
diced avocado,
sour cream
grated cheese
sliced olives
tortilla chips (this is a great way to use up the crunched up bits of chip at the bottom of the bag)
You can top the soup with whatever you want, but I have to say, the avocado is really essential. The soup is fine and all, but the soup with diced avocado is yummy, yummy, yummy.
To my eternal amazement, all my kids eat this, even Isaac. Of course, they're all more likely to eat something when it was introduced to them on vacation, so that helps. It also helps that when I made it, Felicity's friend, Kyrie, was over for dinner. Kyrie is the least picky child I've ever met, and she loves to try new things. Just having her here when we try something new is the best thing I can do to make sure my kids give it a fair try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment