Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Once a month blogging


You know how some people do once a month cooking? I think I should try once a month blogging. That would mean that I am right on time since my last post was exactly one month ago.

We had a really quiet Thanksgiving here. It was just us, and it was so peaceful. I did spend a lot of time cooking, but we ate and had things cleaned up by about 3:00, so then I had the rest of the day free to do other things--mainly enjoy our families current obsession: Stargate. We've now finished all of the SG-1 series, including the two movies and have moved on to Atlantis. We've had such a busy time this semester with so many classes and lessons, that I felt especially thankful for the time I got to spend with Norm and the kids.

I have to say, I just love having a babysitting age daughter. It is such a joy to me to be able to go to the store without taking five kids along. I think I may survive raising all of these little crazies after all.

OK, Tabitha has long been known in our family as the shyest kid ever. When she and Isaac were babies and I would take them shopping with me, everyone would want to look at them just because they were twins. Isaac always totally ate up the attention, but Tabitha would start screaming the second anyone looked at her. But now all of a sudden, she's so chatty with everyone. She is still shy in some situations, but she'll talk to more and more people all the time, and when she talks, she really talks. I mean, she wants to tell you the story of her whole day--or what she imagines her day to be, sometimes it's a little bit hard to tell. The truly great thing about it though, is that she has the funniest facial expressions and gestures when she talks. She's obviously trying to imitate the rest of us, but my facial expressions look really funny on her face.

Avonlea is one of the most flexible kids I've ever seen--especially through her back. She has now taught herself to do back kick overs and she can make her feet touch her head while bending backwards. She is just learning so much in her tumbling class this year. I wasn't too sure how much she would like going to tumbling since both of the older girls dropped it this year, but she's doing great with it. If she wants to keep doing it, I may have to move her to a real gymnastics place instead of a dance studio that teaches one tumbling class.

I hate trying to come up with an ending for blog posts and emails and letters, so this one is just ending...right now.

0 comments:

 

Live and Learn Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez