Sunday, December 07, 2008

scriptures and prayer--twin style


Today Isaac was saying the blessing on the food. Well, let me back up and say that Isaac has been excited about Christmas for about two months now--ever since the subject came up as Christmas things began to appear in the stores and I started to ask the kids what they might like for Christmas this year. He's been begging for a Christmas tree all this time, and one of his most frequent things to say has been, "Christmas not yet." Well, yesterday we finally got the tree out. It's not decorated yet, but it's prelit, so it still looks Christmassy with the lights on. So, today, here's what Isaac prayed (remember, he's supposed to be blessing the food), "Dear Heavenly Father, please bless the Christmas tree and....bless the Christmas tree...." I whisper, "Bless the food." So he says, "Please bless the food and the Christmas tree. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." Do you think he likes the tree? I wonder what's going to happen when we have to take it down!

Tabitha wanted to "read" from the scriptures tonight. We have an extra set that she likes to call her own, so she gets that out, opens it up and begins, "And it came to pass..." so far so good. Obviously, she's been listening some of the time when we read scriptures. "And it came to pass that there was a guy...and he had an eye and he had another eye. And it came to pass that this guy had another eye." By that point we were all laughing so hard that she stopped "reading" to see what was so funny. One of the girls suggested that she meant the letter 'I' instead of the word 'eye' because she recently learned to write 'I', but, even though she kept pointing at the page when she said, "eye" I don't think she was looking for the letter 'I' because the scriptures she likes to call her own happen to be written in Japanese. They're Norm's old missionary scriptures. It might be a while before she can really read them. :)

1 comments:

Siouxsie on 11:54 PM said...

Love it!!

 

Live and Learn Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez