Tuesday, April 22, 2008

How crazy am I?


Crazy enough to take six kids (my own five and a friend) to the Dallas Museum of Art. Of course, four of the six kids were not really a problem. I'm sure you can guess which two were the problem. A homeschooling friend had organized for us to go see the Turner exhibit as a homeschool group, which was awesome. We actually got to see it for free. But two year olds aren't that interested in art--unless it's the kind they draw on the walls and furniture themselves. Still, things were going ok until A. reached out to touch one of the pictures. I had talked to all the kids before the tour started about not touching anything, not even the walls, but she was so interested, she just forgot. The docent doing our tour was very nice about it, but A. spent about the next 20 minutes clinging to me as we went through our tour. Of course, at the same time, I'm trying to keep I. in the stroller and carry T. Fortunately, our docent was nice and also really interesting. She did a great job of talking to the kids at their level and keeping it interesting for them. She picked a few paintings to highlight, rather than overwhelming them with everything. Then at the end, she took us back to the beginning so that we could go through at our own pace to see anything else. The kids would like to go back to the museum. I need a few days to recover before I think about it. :)

0 comments:

 

Live and Learn Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez