Friday, November 02, 2007

I do it


T.'s new thing is to tell me "I do it," all the time. She's discovered that she's more capable than she thought, but sometimes she expects to do things like roast her own hot dog and marshmallows over the campfire, and that doesn't work so well. But I realized something today. When kids get to this age, everything they do, we praise them. "Oh, you did that all by yourself. What a big girl you are. Good job." Of course they want to do everything themselves when they realize that's the result. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have the "I do it" at my house too! We also have the "Mineisits". Hope all is well!

S

4sweetboys1princess on 12:53 PM said...

It must be confusing to them that we are so excited when they do some things on their own, but other things not so much.

 

Live and Learn Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez