Sunday, September 20, 2009

soccer


A couple of weeks after Tabitha started dance, Isaac had his first soccer practice. I love this shot of all the little boys copying the coaches position as they listen to his instructions. In Isaac's case, it might be nice if he seemed to actually get it when he listens to the coach, but he's really cute trying anyway.

Unfortunately, he's not enjoying soccer quite as much as Tabitha likes dance. Sometimes he likes it and sometimes not so much. Yesterday was his first game, and even though he's been enjoying his practices, he refused to play at all in the game. I think it didn't help that the last few practices were rained out. On top of that, the situation felt very unfamiliar as we were playing on a field he had never seen and parents had to watch from the opposite side of the field from where the teams sat. I'm planning to take him back there before his next game so that he can feel like it's a little more familiar. Hopefully, that will help, but I never know with him. This is the kid who still won't go to Primary nine months into being a Sunbeam, so I feel like there are no guarantees at all. In reality, he probably wasn't very ready to do an organized activity like soccer, but since Tabitha was doing dance, he really wanted to do something.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

 

Live and Learn Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez