Sunday, October 26, 2008


So, after telling me more than once that I'm just paranoid about putting our kids' names on the internet, what was Norm's response when I told him that I was using real names? "You should make your blog private then." Yeah. Right. Like I'm the only paranoid parent in the house. I'm still debating what to do. Since I update so rarely, I hate to make things any harder on the few people who keep reading. ;) Google reader, which is great for keeping track of sporadic blogs like this one, doesn't give updates on private blogs. I hear that I can make it so people get email notification of updates, but that requires me to figure out something I don't already know how to do, so I'm not too sure about that.

Felicity is now officially in Young Women's. Today was her first day not to go to Primary. On the fourth Sunday in our ward, the Young Women have opening exercises with Relief Society. In the past, I've noticed most of the girls sitting with their moms, so I was looking forward to having her sit with me today. Of course, today, it was suddenly completely uncool to sit by moms. All the girls were sitting in a couple of rows together--no moms to be seen except for the ones who happen to be YW leaders.

For her birthday, one of Felicity's friends gave her two John Bytheway DVD's, so she's been watching those today, which is a big step up the spiritual ladder in our Sunday viewing. I mean, Blues Clues isn't all that inspiring. (I don't mean to imply here that Felicity still watches Blues Clues--that's usually on for the twins.) Anyway, she watches this whole video about how to get more out of church, and when I ask her what she learned from it, she tells me that she learned that John Bytheway is really funny. Hmm...I'm pretty sure there was more in there than that. When I pressed her, she said she learned that we should enjoy church. That's a bit closer, but I think maybe she should watch it again. Since I'm sure she's planning on watching it every Sunday until the rest of us beg her not to put it on again, that shouldn't be a problem.

In honor of Felicity turning 12, she and I had our hair highlighted together for a little mother/daughter date. I was looking for something that she can do now that she's older that I wouldn't have let her do before, and this is what we came up with. We also did a facial and manicure at home and put on the little bit of makeup that she's allowed to wear at this point. I'll post some pictures, but her hair doesn't look a ton different, so it's hard to tell in the picture.

0 comments:

 

Live and Learn Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez