Saturday, May 17, 2008

Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Twirly


It's a little known fact that my daughter, A., is already married at the tender age of almost seven. In fact, she informs us that she was actually married at the age of two. I think she chose that as the youngest age that a child would be likely to be able to say, "I do."

It all started when A. was twirling around the living room and N. said to her, "Will you bring me my scriptures, Mrs. Twirly?" So A. proceeded to make up a husband for herself. If she's Mrs. Twirly and not Miss Twirly, she must be married right? She kept making stuff up for quite a while. I feel I know Mr. Twirly quite well, but I don't know his first name. Apparently, his wife doesn't either. At first when I asked to meet him, she said he was at work, but then she amended that to say that he was hiding in her bedroom. I asked if he was shy and she said, "maybe." But then I asked if he was lazy and that got a quick, "yes." When I asked what he eats since food isn't allowed in the bedrooms, she said that he eats imaginary food and that fills him up. But sometimes, he turns invisible and sneaks downstairs to get something from the pantry. That explains all the missing food in the house. I figure that Mr. Twirly must not be very healthy since everything that goes missing from the pantry is junk food and not vegetables. Also, Mr. Twirly is having a birthday tomorrow. That fits in well with our family since many events happen on the 18th of various months for us. We needed something for May 18th.

The funniest part of the whole thing was watching A. try to tell us all this with a straight face. She didn't break out laughing, but she couldn't help smiling part of the time. The rest of us had a great, rolling on the floor laugh though.

2 comments:

Kyr on 8:24 AM said...

Wow. That sounds like me! I got married to my imaginary friend Kinder when I was about 4 years old. It included an argument with one of my best friends, because we kept on trying to out-do each other with our weddings. It was really funny now that I think back on it...

Kyr on 8:53 AM said...

Yay! Mr. Twirly has a first name! His name is... BOBERT! Yeah... we were all trying to figure one out, and that is what we ended up with... hehe!

 

Live and Learn Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez