Friday, May 26, 2006

Happy birthday


Ok, typing has reached an all-new level of hard since I learned to pull up and start hitting keys while I'm on the lap-top. I have no really good excuse for not posting on this blog other than that and the usual busy-mom syndrome.

We have another birthday party going this weekend, and I am, as usual, recalling what it was like having A a few years ago. I can't believe that she is five and ready to start doing "real school work." She can already read a little bit just from playing games with her sisters. She has her letter sounds down, so we just need to work on sounding out. Addition is a fun game to her, so math is also well under control. She likes to go around saying, "four plus four is eight." I'll say, "Are you sure? Maybe it's seven." "Nooooo, it's eight, silly!" she'll say. The actual equation varies, but her tone of "I'm so smart" doesn't.

This time last year I was on bedrest and feeling pretty bad that I couldn't do more for her. I'm so grateful to be up and about and even more grateful for my sweet babies. They were worth every bit of bedrest. A would agree with me, too.

0 comments:

 

Live and Learn Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez