Sunday, January 24, 2010

Overheard


Isaac: What's that in your hand?
Daddy: It's a staple gun.
Isaac: Can I hold it?
Daddy: Not this year.
Isaac: Tomorrow?
Daddy doesn't answer...
Isaac: Hey, maybe I should have a little one to shoot you with.

I love kids' conception of time.

I also love hearing Isaac and Tabitha talk about, "When we were a baby..." It's gotta be a twin thing cause it's never, "When I was a baby," or "When we were babies." It's as though they were once one baby and now they're two kids.

2 comments:

Lourie on 2:28 PM said...

Do they have "twin speak"? I (used to) watch twin girls that Kristin's age and they claim they don't but I think otherwise.

Lauralyn on 2:39 PM said...

Lourie,

They don't really have "twin speak." At least it doesn't seem like it to me. They just have a phrase every once in a while that seems like singletons wouldn't use that phrase. It's still totally understandable to everyone else, and is really the kind of mistake that young children make. I don't know. Maybe you could call those phrases twin speak, but I wouldn't really.

 

Live and Learn Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez