I think I am the most pathetic blogger ever. Google reader is such a great thing so that people can see when I actually bother to post something here.
For those of you who thought the "pony and cheese" was gross, you're going to love what T. uses to brush her teeth: pooptaste. That's right, we don't give her toothpaste, so she has to use her own special pooptaste. You'll also love to hear that I. puts on his swimming soup to get in the water. Yum!
The twins just turned three a week and a half ago. Tonight when I was visiting a friend who just had a baby, I was reliving some of those great moments from the early weeks of their life: like feeling like a mother cow with them both nursing all propped up on my extra large nursing pillow. A couple of times every night I would have to get myself all propped up in bed with a bunch of pillows behind me and a baby on each side of me and a couple of receiving blankets or cloth diapers handy. Next, position the nursing pillow. Then put one baby on the pillow. Carefully reach for the other baby. Latch one baby on and use the blankets or cloth diapers to position the head. Do the same with the other baby. Wa la--hands are free to hold a book to stave off middle of the night boredom or to eat a snack to stave off middle of the night starvation. Funny how both of those things only happen when you have to get up to feed babies in the night. I remember being hungry all the time, so I got in the bad habit of eating cookies or pop tarts because they were quick and easy.
A couple of weeks ago our ward's culinary arts group made homemade raviolis. As we were rolling past out, one sister was telling me how she loves her lasagna that she makes with homemade noodles, so I was inspired to give it a try and today was the big day. I must admit, the lasagna was really good with homemade noodles. E. had a blast rolling them out. I actually didn't do very many myself--I just scrambled to find places to put them so that they wouldn't get stuck to anything. My big question for myself is: was it good enough to be worth all that work? I think the answer will depend on how good the leftover noodles that I dried and put away turn out to be. If I can make enough noodles at once to last for a long time, it's worth it. If I have to do this too often, it's not. I have several recipes that I really like fresh noodles for, and I would save a lot of money doing this over buying the refrigerated ones at the store.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment