Thursday, May 24, 2007
piano recital
9:58 PM
Posted by
Lauralyn
Tonight was the piano recital for F. and E. They both did great--much better than I expected. They practice on the keyboard and often have the volume down so low that I can't clearly hear what they're playing. It was great to hear the progress they've made this past year. F. is currently in a phase where she doesn't want to do anything except read, play with her best friend and play on the computer, but I've talked her into continuing with piano. We'll take a couple of months off for summer and then get started with a new teacher since this year's teacher is headed off to college in the fall. He's been really good with the kids, and it's also been great to see his teaching skills grow through the year. I have been really impressed that someone his age could accomplish so much with a bunch of beginning students. It's nice to know there are some good teenagers out there. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tell them to keep it up, they'll be so glad they did when they grow up! I'm 32 and considering taking classes now, even though my brain is old and stagnant!
What's wrong with doing nothing except read, play with her best friend (me, thank you very much!) and play on the computer?!?!?!
Post a Comment